My Gmail Account Deleted?!

Freak_Miky [PersonRank 1]

Monday, August 29, 2005
18 years ago

Hi,

I'm trying to log in to my Gmail account, but it says:
"Username and password do not match. (You provided freakmiky)"

When I press "Forgot your password?", I got this messege:
"There are no accounts in our system with the E-mail address freakmiky[put at-character here]gmail.com which you entered. If you spelled the address incorrectly or entered the wrong address, please click here to try again."

WTF?! My account deleted?! I'm not new with this service..

nem o [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Was there a dot in the username that you signed up with (e.g. freak.miky)? Unlike when you are sending e-mail to a gmail address, when logging in the dots ARE important. Otherwise, maybe it's a glitch? If the problem persists, mail Gmail support.

Freak_Miky [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

How can I contact them?

Viki [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

today in the class, my friend told me that gmail accounts can be deleted by the inviter but I said it is just not possible. He said he knows how to do it. His friend from Russia has just learnt it and told him how to do it but he hasnt told me yet... still I dont believe it but I am researching on it. it may be possible. I asked that what if the person who has the first account deletes all the invitees? does it mean that all the gmail accounts in the world would be deleted? he said no. It is possible only upto level 1. by level 1 I mean that one can delete only those accounts which were created on his invitation but not the accounts that have been created with the invitation from the invitee... confusin????

Holly Swanson [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I have the exact same problem. This is devastating to me since I MUST get into my account to access important business contacts. I have tried contacting Google numerous times, including telephone, but they have never responded. My account seems to be gone.

It started out with "Gmail is temporarily unavailable. Cross your fingers and try again in a few minutes. We're sorry for the inconvinience" for a few days, but after I tried to log out and back in, my account was gone.

Needless to say, I am furious at Google for their lack of responsibility with tending to their users. I have absolutely no plans of using Google at all in the future.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!