Google Blogoscoped

Forum

EBay Partly Resumes Paying for Google Ads  (View post)

Libran Lover [PersonRank 4]

Sunday, June 24, 2007
17 years ago4,074 views

The fact is that, Google has its fingers in too many pies which Ebay considers its own right now. Examples include Paypal and Skype. Google also has the potential to bite out a large chunk of Ebay's pies, if it chooses to do so. Offering innovative services and features on GTalk and Google Checkout could give some serious competition to Skype and Paypal. And Google has all the big pieces needed to quickly build an Ebay competitor in the auction and sales space. Perhaps, Google should take this as an opportunity to kickstart the campaign of giving eBay a run for its money.

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wish I can have a one to one meeting with eBay Marketing manager.

He can do much more in order to attract traffic from Google and without paying Google AdWords.

joshnunn [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Does this mean less annoying, unhelpful eBay ads on my search results now? Hooray!

Jaan Kanellis [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Hey eBay instead of bidding for every keyword under the sun, consider some optimizing to you AdWords campaigns a bit. I am sure they didn't see much of a difference when stopping AdWords because they bid on so many keywords that don't convert. Tweaking the campaign can help them spend less and convert more, duh.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!