Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Wumpus Game?

Don't Believe [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, August 30, 2005
18 years ago

Really, has anybody been able to play this wumpus.game in gtalk?
I'm guessing that it doesn't exist, and that someone was wise enough to get tons of real geek e-mails to send spams..
All the references, all the links to the screenshot, and everything about this game goes to the same blog.. There is only one screenshot... or am I missing something?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hmm... my colleague argued the same... I had two different blogs mention the game though, but I will have to check how many actually *played* it, and how many mentioned the specific email!

Danny Piccirillo [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

wumpus.game does exist, but I think its flooded right now. If you right click on the google talk icon on your taskbas, a series of number come up that when matched to the corresponding letters it spells play wumpus.game so it does exist. Google hides a lot of the hidden messges in light grey text in a lot of its products, if you look at the about section in google toolbar it will display some latin in light grey that says from small things come a big pile. Translated woul basically say google is a big thing from many small websites. you can try it out with othe google products too. :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!