Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Public Launch of Google AdSense Referrals  (View post)

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, June 30, 2007
17 years ago3,480 views

I know have Google Apps referrals and Google Checkout referrals added to my account (UK). But that's it, maybe it will take a couple of days to get it to all the accounts.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm in the same case as Martin : no Referrals 2.0 in my account, but since some days "Google Apps" & "Google Checkout".. in English only...

BTW, English users have a more important choice in Refferals buttons (Firefox, Adsense, ... about text & coulors) than in other languages :-/

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google AdSense support answered one of the questions I had in the post:

"No, publishers may not click their own referral ad units. We ask that publishers treat referral ads similar to their contextual ad units and avoid clicking on their ad units."

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

So, let me check that I've got this right.

Google allows you to endorse the referral (like “I use this product and suggest it to you too”), but they don't allow you to click on it to see what you're endorsing.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

In all fairness rodger you could just go to the products site or Google it.

17 years ago #

Weird, the referral link ad on one of my sites now disappeared into nothingness.

By the way, if you don't see "referrals 2.0" in your interface yet, you might want to apply here:
http://services.google.com/ads_inquiry/adsense_referrals

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Weird, the referral link ad on one of my sites now disappeared into
> nothingness.

You mean on coverbrowser? I've seen your referral link disappear a few times in the last few days. It usually comes back in a few hours.

17 years ago #

Thanks... so I guess then it's connected to that advertiser's daily campaign budget maximum, and the fact I only picked 1 advertiser. Sigh... because you have to add a disclosure (Google's ad doesn't include this disclosure) it will then read just "Ad: _____" (blank) which looks really weird.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

From now Referrals 2.0 are available in France (and I guess other countries too). There is not an important choice, and in about each category there is a choice for a google product ^^
Looks great anyway

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!