Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GWT Vs Mootools

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, July 5, 2007
17 years ago3,836 views

Guys,
Give me a best advice .my company wants a drag and drop functionality in web browser , its an intranet application.

the requirement is below
There will be three windows within a dialog the user can drag one item in the tree from one box to another the box, should be resized when required
if a item in tree is clicked, its corresponding item in other box has to get highlighted And when mouse over happend there should be some info displayed.No glossy feeling, nothing

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

prototypejs.org
script.aculo.us

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I use prototype quite a lot, although that's just because I'm used to it. I quite like it and find it very easy to use. Apparently mootools is just as good, but I haven't really had an urge to try.

GWT can't do drag and drop by default, you have to use the GWT Drag 'n' Drop extension: http://code.google.com/p/gwt-dnd/ I've had limited experience with GWT so I can't comment on it in detail, but when I did use it, I felt it didn't give the same freedom as something like Prototype gives.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!