Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Check Which Google Result Number is Censored  (View post)

Aaron Liang [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, July 7, 2007
16 years ago3,486 views

Philipp, I've already known that period of history from books and movies, but I'm still really disturbed after I read that book review. I don't think it's proper to use this sample over here, at least to our Chinese people (maybe to some Japanese as well).

You don't need to apologize for this. I just want to voice my opinion. Other than that, it's still a pretty nice post.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I know that the quote is disturbing. What happened is incredibly disturbing, and it's also tragic what happened to Iris Chang after she researched these things. And this is what led me to this article: I was ordering the book earlier, and researched Iris Chang, and found the events and her story very tragic, and wanted to see if her voice is suppressed today, because in some ways she gave her life to express these disturbing events. And her voice is suppressed today (through the doings of many). I also hope that perhaps some more who read this will buy the book now to read up on the whole context.
Note I also wanted to make sure before you read the passage that you know something disturbing is coming up, so I mentioned that before the quote (which doesn't mean it's any less disturbing).

Aaron Liang [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Now I see why you did this. Thank you!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!