Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's mobile ambitions - dodgeball

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, July 7, 2007
17 years ago2,293 views

Google doesn't need to tell anyone about their mobile ambitions, it's quite clear that Google want's to be with you even after you shut down your PC. It puzzles me then they still neglect dodgeball.com.

The site is now grinding to a hault a lot of the time and the Bios of the two founders are still online (http://www.dodgeball.com/about_bios). These guys left 3 months ago (and not quietly). This leads me to presume that no-one is actually even working on dodgeball.

If Google continued to develop dodgeball.com and integrated other Gproducts into it, it could be a hit way for Google to reach a lot of young people with it's services. Odd, I would have thought that Google would have closed the service down if it intended not to use it.

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, it's been quiet for sometime now. But I remember that Blogger seemed like a lost cause with no updates for months. I always thought they would integrate dodgeball into orkut... or something interesting.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!