Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Jason Shellen Leaves Google

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, July 12, 2007
17 years ago2,329 views

http://shellen.com/art/head-redback.jpg

Little background info:
Jason joined Google after the Blogger acquisition, and have worked on numerous Google projects, notably Google Reader. Today he announced that he will be leaving Google, after working there for more than 4 years.

<<I feel I've got that entrepreneurial/start-up bug deep within me and I can't help but think about the next thing. I'm going to take a little time off while I think about what is next (hopefully while surfing and riding my bike in Santa Cruz) but I've decided to leave Google.>>

:)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wondering how Google does these kind of portrait, with these shaded backgrounds. Photoshop or real background.
I'm sure if I do this kind of picture, hack google corporate page and add my portrait, nobody will notice it :)

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Photoshop
Probably, because otherwise Google would have a load of different shaded backdrops. It's easier just to have a green or blue one and Photoshop the background in.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Here's his post:
http://www.shellen.com/2007/07/my-time-at-google-by-numbers.asp

<<I joined Google as part of the Blogger acquisition in February 2003. There were only six of us on the Pyra Labs team and we were Google's first acquisition*. Google was only about 600 employees strong. There were times when we felt like royalty and other times when we felt like guinea pigs but all-in-all it has been an amazing ride. I'm very grateful that after joining that I was not only able to contribute on Blogger but to start-up my own product (Google Reader) which by most accounts is now the #1 web-based feed reader. When I wanted to get back to business development I found a great home on a fantastic team and even got to work on products I know and love like Picasa, Reader and Blogger.>>

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Blogoscoped's articles are died

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Blogoscoped's articles are died

What do you mean...?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!