Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Problem with Google Desktop

Zim [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, July 14, 2007
17 years ago2,288 views

I turned on my notebook and suddenly (while loading) Google Desktop throwed me an error about missing index, and the gadgets didn't load. (then it closed)
I executed the application from the start menu, and now is re-indexing my computer!
Any idea of why has this happened? Corrupt index? One-of-a-kind error? Or the problem is between the chair and the keyboard?

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

havent had a prob with desktop, but earth will NOT run any longer. launch it, and it locks up. no idea why. un-installed.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I had to uninstall GDesktop, it constantly used 100% of my CPU. I disabled the search features (I'm on Vista so it's uneeded) but still the CPU usage didn't drop. I downgraded it's priority and that seemed to fix things, until Vista had a "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" Blue Screen – Gdesktop was the only app that was running (other than built in Vista services/processes)

Zim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Scarry.
In the same session I had that problem, Norton Antivirus detected a Trojan in a program folder. I removed the file, and rebooted. Now it's all working fine (but my RSS list from the RSS gadget are missing).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!