Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Five of the Easiest Free Online File Storage Services

Search-Engines-Web.com [PersonRank 10]

Monday, July 16, 2007
17 years ago2,267 views

http://franticindustries.com/blog/2007/07/12/5-simple-ways-to-store-your-files-online/

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I was glad the article listed DropBoks first. It's the only one of them I've had any direct experience with, and it's great if you don't need more than a gigabyte.

As the article points out, "many have become unnecessarily complex, some are ad hells, and some don’t work at all". If I put time and energy into integrating with a service, then it's important that it isn't a complex ad hell, but it's also important that it's unlikely to turn into a complex ad hell two years down the track when the venture funding runs out.

For that reason, before I use a service I look into the "behind the scenes" documents like the FAQ. If it looks like it's written by a PR department, I run away as fast as I can. If it looks like it's written by friendly helpful people who care deeply about what they are doing, I'm tempted to stay.

For me, DropBoks met that criterion, although I'm also looking for a more capacious service, so the linked article was useful. Be sure to read the comments attached to the article too, there's some useful info in there.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!