Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Video Upload Currently Unavailable  (View post)

John Smith [PersonRank 1]

Friday, July 27, 2007
16 years ago4,155 views

You can still upload with the upload program

Paige [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Thank you!

Google Video is back now, and I was able to upload successfully.

Also, the YouTube question is interesting. ...

Marcin Sochacki (Wanted) [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I'm kind of disappointed with the visible downplaying of Google Video in favour of YouTube by Google itself.

GV is a clearly superior product in technical terms – supports higher resolution, allows to upload longer videos, one may put subtitles, the flash player always allowed to skip to a different part in a movie (which is just a recent addition in YT's player, still not working for me sometimes), was multilingual for a long time (again, YT only recently added a few languages).

I hope that when the day comes Google decides to close GV, those great features will be already ported to YT.

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Marcin I agree. Google Video used to have movie trailers, and all kinds of content that was promoted. Now it's stagnant... and whatever happened to the Google Video store? Do they still have any significant partnerships or did they just give up because of iTunes?

Ethan [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Agreed. By virtue of the unlimited file size and video length limit on GV, I'd be sorry to see it go on that basis alone

elyk [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

not to mention the fact that gv's pages are always much cleaner than youtube, and the videos are larger – they put more emphasis on the video than the conversation

Martin [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Yeah, I prefer Google Video because of the better video resolution as well.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!