Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Increase your ROI with Google Performance Placement Reports and Search Query Reports  (View post)

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

Monday, August 6, 2007
16 years ago4,305 views

Google Search Adword in fact a kind of Google Content Adwords.
This content is search result page. I think Should rename them.

H [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

thanks for providing the two links to the article and forum thread on expanded match!
i first came across it when one of my clients, a holiday company in spain offering holiday villas in a number of areas, were showing the "Nerja" ads for searches like "villas in spain" even though i wans't bidding on "villas in spain" at all. while this seems like a logical, yet cost driving, "linking" of keywords, i have seen many, many more unlogical examples in the past and tend to use broad match only as the exception.
phrase match is my friend.

Sandra Niehaus [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

You can find more in-depth articles by Amy Konefal here: http://www.closed-loop-marketing.com/blog/category/posts-by-amy-konefal/

Amy Konefal [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Hi 'H' – I'm glad you found the 2 articles regarding the woes of Broad Match to be interesting as well. I'm with you – more and more we're starting to shift our campaigns over to Phrase and Exact Match. In the past we found Broad Match coupled with Negatives to be an effective strategy – but with Google's Expanded Broad Match now starting to fall way off of the mark, we're definitely reassessing.

David West [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

How is it that I can have 0 impressions but 255 clicks? Thanks for pointing out the report I hadn't known about it even though I advertise on the content network.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!