Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Burn iTunes music on virtual CD

wohlward [PersonRank 1]

Friday, August 10, 2007
16 years ago4,259 views

When we want to play iTunes music on non-iPod devices, the traditional way we use is to burn purchased music on CD and then rip them back. Recently, a new virtual drive program, NoteBurner, is released and it helps us burn iTunes music on virtual disc, not the physical one. This way may be much economical for those people who have bunches of music purchased from iTunes store.

1. Download and install NoteBurner on the computer. The free demo is available and full version costs $34.95. After installing this program, you will find a new CD drive is added to your computer. Normally, NoteBurner will tell you where it is located.
   2. Select the output format in NoteBurner. In my opinion, NoteBurner is not only a virtual burner but a conversion tool, since you can choose MP3, WAV and WMA as the format which all music is burned in.
   3. Run iTunes and set burner options firstly. Just as what you need to do with burning physical audio CD, you can choose Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Burning menu and then select NoteBurner Virtual CD-RW as the burner.
   4. Select the music you want to burn and add them to a newly created playlist. Batch collection is supported.
   5. Simply click Burn Disc button in iTunes to start burning selected music onto virtual disc.

Tips
   * The virtual CD created by NoteBurner is quite similar to physical CD we use, so it also has size limitation. Normally, you can burn 600MB in maximum on a disc.
   * This program can also be used for burning protected WMA and audio books.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Can I share the "virtual CDs" with my friends though?

wohlward [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Actually, the music is burned on your hard drive and you can definitely share it with your friends.

Lakiesha [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

How can I burn music

wohlward [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

hi, lakiesha, the program needs to be used with music player, such as iTunes, Windows Media Player and Real Player. In these players, you need to select NoteBurner Virtual CD-RW as the burner and then select music you need to convert and then burn them. You may visit www.noteburner.com/howto.html to know more.

[URL unlinked – Tony]

KevinLee [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

So good a software..............

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!