Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Defend Fair Use Initiative  (View post)

alek [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, August 29, 2007
16 years ago3,915 views

Good points on the irony there Philipp ... but this is not surprising coming from the three major search engines since if there was a clamp down on "fair use", it would seriously impact that business.

As useful as I find stuff like Google News, I gotta wonder if long-term that the content aggregrators will be so successful in capturing the revenue that the content generators will no longer be able to do so.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think its good.com

Dan Tobias [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

I do have to "click through" a warning screen on the GPS navigation of my car every time I start it before the mapping / directions system works, undoubtedly at the insistence of the car company's lawyers worried that somebody would sue them if they get into an accident while distracted by the features and gadgets there.

Jon Garfunkel [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Now if only YouTube got around to recognizing Fair Use on the upload form...

http://civilities.net/Fair_Use_Video

Eric DeGroot [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Fair use is needed for anything! Just think if you wanted to write a paper and had to reference everything you ever heard. I heard this statement from my English Professor on the 13th of July. Not a good idea, and makes it difficult to read or do anything.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!