Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail "to:" at the bottom

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Monday, September 3, 2007
16 years ago7,373 views

Okay now i know this sounds crazy but hear me out: i would like the option to have the form for the recipients of an email i sent out to be below everything else (the subject and the message body). This would be something nobody is useful but it something that if universally adopted could save a lot of "oops"

The person i want to send a message to is the last thing i want to fill out but since it is right there at the top i fill it out first. Why would i want to fill it out last? Well, all too many times i ave accidentally sent an email out instead of save or whatever when the message is not ready. (So also the send and save button should now be right next to each other or something)

pooin [PersonRank 8]

16 years ago #

Make a greasemonkey script ;)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

PierreS [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Two features that are missing imho from Gmail:
-A Download this mail button (with various download forms)
-a Delete this mail button on the single mail view when you view a mail from Google IG (you can tag it spam, report phishing but not delete it , as crazy as it sounds)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think a more important feature is a contact manager that can find and/or merge duplicate contacts automatically and a better way to organize contact information with multiple email addresses, along with phone numbers, addresses, notes, etc.

pooin [PersonRank 8]

16 years ago #

Gmail needs more features. Only a few changes in 2007

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

"Gmail 2.0" was mentioned in Google's future goals back in 2006... wonder if it has been released already.
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-10-26-n80.html

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Isn't there some place that you can see gmail's version number?

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think Gmail's in a 1.5 version region.

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Pfft. We are certainly NOT on Gmail 2.0

No contact management at all.
Pathetic filtering and organization.
No Folders/Hierarchical labeling.

The features we have I consider "extensions" to Gmail, similar to many Firefox extensions. They are nice and fun and useful, especially chat (which was brilliant) and Google Docs. Still, they do not solve fundamental problems, nor do they change how you work with mail.

In my opinion, Gmail is still one of the best email clients for my purposes. I feel it should still improve.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

No Folders/Hierarchical labeling.
You obviously don't know how to use labels then.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!