Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail needs a "Forward entire thread" feature. Are you with me?

Brian Mingus [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 28, 2005
14 years ago

I was just having an interesting conversation on a mailing list, and I wanted to forward it to a friend. The easiest way is to just send it to them in an e-mail. Gmail already detects new text in a message, so why not a "Forward entire thread" feature that put all the messages in a single e-mail and dashed it off.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

There's a feature where you can open the whole thread in Gmail for easy printing; I suppose you could abuse this dialog and simply copy & paste the print preview into a new email.

Brian Mingus [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

That's a pretty good hack, Philipp. Since Gmail does that nice html copy/pasting it works out well. Still, we should prod big brother a bit harder on this one ;)

Michael Lee [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

gmail definitely needs that feature...

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

I have had many times where I wanted to forward a whole thread! you have my vote... And Mr Lenssen... Great thinking! I think thatll be my new "until it is available" fix!

Another thing that I would like is to be able to have your signature displayed before the quoted text. if it is after, many people may not see it.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!