Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GPhone may introduce free calls

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

Friday, September 7, 2007
16 years ago8,078 views

This speculation has been published at Tech.Blorge.com blog yesterday:
http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2007/09/06/the-google-phone-may-introduce-free-cell-phone-service/

According to the entry most of the people leaving comments related to Google Phone news and speculation are missing the aspect "about Google's mode of operation: It offers nearly everything for free".

jdbradford [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Nice idea – but highly unlikely

someone made a good analogy to newspapers (with ads) – they help reduce the cover price – and subsidise the cost of the paper which would be prohibitive if they had no ads.

jon

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

*ring* *ring*
"Martin Rix is Calling you"
*Beep* Buy the Apple iPhone, now reduced price *Beep*
"We will now connect you"

Hmmm could be interesting

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

In france, there is a plan called "Spot" : you buy a card for 1 h of call, and you get 1h free with 10 seconds ads at the beginning of your call, before ringing. Ads are chosen with the answers of a paper poll you had at your first time with Spot.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here] Luka
oooo would love something like this in the UK.
Is this something that's once a month or can you use it as much as you want? And you said 'buy a card' so is it free or not?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I could subscribe to that too, but I don't use it because I call nobody :) Luka is right anyway, but I thought there was also an ad every minute in the conversation. An ad for the two callers.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!