Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Apps Confusion

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, September 8, 2007
16 years ago6,957 views

Okay, so i am one of the four presidents of my school's Environmental Club. We started out with nnhs.enviro.club[put at-character here]gmail.com and now we have a Google Apps account set up. The account we have set up is admin[put at-character here]nnhsenviroclub.org and info[put at-character here]nnhsenviroclub.org is set as a nickname for the account (all mail sent to info[put at-character here]... will go to admin[put at-character here]....) and i have configured our domain so that we can use Gtalk across the whole Jabber network.

I would like to use info[put at-character here]... as our main address (and also Google Talk) but it is only a nickname. Does anybody know how to deal with this? Also, i can't sign into Google Talk (from talk.google.com) with admin[put at-character here]... which should work, shouldn't it? Or would i need a Jabber client?

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

You could set info[put at-character here]... up as a seperate account and create a forwarder in Gmail to forward all the emails to admin[put at-character here]....

Parslie Howden [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Just play world of warcraft.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Parslie
How exactly does that solve the problem?

Geff [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

LOL!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

>> I would like to use info[put at-character here]... as our main address

You'll need to remove the nickname and then setup a new account. If you want, you can then create admin[put at-character here]... as the nickname. AFAIK, there's no way to keep all the emails though. (Although, if you've never downloaded the emails, I guess it might be possible to setup info[put at-character here]... as a new address and then grab all the emails from admin[put at-character here]... using the Mail Fetcher before you delete the user account and create the nickname for it.)

>> Also, i can't sign into Google Talk...

If you want to use the web based Google Talk client with Google Apps accounts, you'll need to use this gadget instead:

http://hostedtalkgadget.google.com/a/nnhsenviroclub.org/talkgadget/popout

(Or you can just use the desktop client, of course.)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!