Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Another orkut?

casanova [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, September 26, 2007
16 years ago6,959 views

Guys! Today I was surfing on net and found a link which was saying a orkut clone. So I have signed up there and seen all the things that happens in orkut, like communities, blogs, album, frnds list, blah, blah.. all things same..

But they are claiming to pay the users who sign up and use it. It's really lookin awesome and what stunned me is when i signed up today, there were only near abt 50 members who signed today till that time, but after few hours only when i just logged out, i have seen total 650 members joined in few hrs. and as I came back and switched on my pc and viewed after 3-4 hrs, there were 1400 members (shocked)!

Myriads of ppl are hanging out there and enjoying, as it have one more feature which orkut doesn't have, users can chat there and also lots of themes and stuff. Also they pays through Paypal or Cheque, but I have experienced it nice!

It will grow quickly and have calibre to compete with orkut in near future if it maintains the same statistics as of now. Well, that social networking site is :

www.yuwie.com
/yuwie.asp?r=89730

Interesting!! Also it gives us money by uploading, blog, signing, referrals and blah blah.. You will enjoy your presence there.

Plz give your comments.

[URL unlinked as it's likely dodgy – Tony]

Tue Abrahamsen [PersonRank 7]

16 years ago #

I'm afraid to click the link. Can anyone confirm this? (I'm at work, and don't want to risk anything :)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yeah err... adding a blog entry counts as a page view? PVs get you money... Is it me or does anyone else around here think this will fill up with spam?

Basically it's ad based and you get some tiny amount of money for every 1k page views. The (3rd) video claims that if referrals go far enough you can get $10k a month. I'm not bothering for two reasons, first all my friends are loyal to Bebo, and second the video says that the referral is tracked for 30 days, doesn't mention whether it's cookie or IP based.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It's sounds like a scam. Something like netbux and those.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!