Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Would it be valuable to Google?

rexsolomon [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, September 26, 2007
16 years ago6,858 views

If every high-rise building in every major city around the world had fiber to every floor and all of these building's networks were interconnected via a single network, would that infrastructure be valuable to Google?
I'd appreciate your opinions and advice.
Thanks!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

well i guess it'd be worth something...but they just don't need that

jon bradford [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

what about internet access in your pocket for everyone ... now that might be valuable ;-)

16 years ago #

Actuall Jon, that is exactly what I am talking about. Ubiquitous, high-speed internet access from a fiber optic network that exists on every significant building, in every major city in the world today...

16 years ago #

My apologies, Jon. My earlier reply should have read:

... Ubiquitous, high-speed Internet access from a fiber optic network that will exist in every significant building in every major city in the world...

Sometimes speed typing gets in the way of nuances in meaning.

If you're wondering how, here is a hint: 'What is safer to be in, a luxury cruise ship or a recently-built supertall, modern skyscraper?'.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd appreciate more. Don't be shy now.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Anybody would benefit form owning thats kind of network but that's like asking a 7 year old with a gameboy if he would benefit from a ps3

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

No, because a gameboy is far better than a ps3 ;~)

16 years ago #

Thanks!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!