Google Tests New SERP

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, September 30, 2007
16 years ago6,753 views

http://googlified.com/files/temp/new-interface.png
Can you tell the difference?

Google cookie PREF:
ID=f35d893b413b9582:TM=1191166773:
LM=1191166773:S=Nox--jixrBqUyVxB (remove line break)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I've seen the blue bar for a long time.

Later edit: I think they should keep the underlined links. The page looks weird.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Actually I think Haochi was refering to the lack of underlining. I got the bluebar back after one day of being on the silver gradient (maybe Google didn't like the added bandwidth of the image).

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Links should definitely be underlined unless they're obviously buttons or menu items IMHO. Haochi, are you sure you didn't just switch off link underlining in your browser? (I didn't try the cookie...)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Pretty sure, I looked into the HTML and it has the {text-decoration:none;} CSS rule for links.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

If they want to go for it they could start removing the underline for non-titles, like the cache link etc., as those are less used. Recently, for perhaps the first time in my Google-using history, I wanted to go to the IBM homepage and was confused for perhaps half a second where I'm supposed to click :)
(I think it was the combination of a one-liner description instead of the usual too, the ad on top of it, as well as the site navigation links + stock symbol links below.)

http://blogoscoped.com/files/ibm-link-overflow.png

PS: Thinking about I probably know IBM is at IBM.com, but I'm so used to Google that I usually always go through it even for navigational queries.....

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!