Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Buzzword Text Editor (Video)  (View post)

mak [PersonRank 5]

Thursday, October 4, 2007
16 years ago4,653 views

Hail for flash! ;)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It doesn't have to look interesting to want an invite to a PRIVATE BETA!!!!

Barnaby Capel-Dunn [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

Philipp
I've been trying out Buzzword for a few days and it truly is a "thing of beauty and a joy forever". I've been using WPs for the last 10 years and this is really something. I hope it won't settle for second best. It's got the makings of something very special.

David Towers [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Hey Philipp you made a typo: "purchaces" should be "purchased".

I'm going to sign up now! Cheers!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

(thanks David, fixed!)

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Take into account that it's not the only Google Docs rival out there. Here is my list:
http://seo2.0.onreact.com/top-7-online-word-processors-as-web-based-microsoft-office-alternatives

Especially Zoho Writer and Think Free Write are outstanding webware.

16 years ago #

Give Buzzword a test drive, Tadeusz. I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised.

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Anybody else get an invite from Buzzword? I signed up a couple of days ago on the website but also joined a Buzzword group and I am not sure which one led to me getting an invite.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

No, me neither

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Ah, I worded that badly. I did get an invitation, even though I had signed up on the trial request on their website relatively late. I was just trying to isolate the source of the invite. If you did sign up on the site more than 2 days ago, I think I got the invite through the facebook group (called "Get Facebook Invite" http://huji.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3295270245).

Luke [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I got my invite yesterday... signed up for it 4 days ago... it looks pretty impressive... pagination is certainly a must-have for an online word processor.. i'll check if users are given invites.. if so.. i'll let you know

16 years ago #

A good though not infallible guide to the seriousness of a product like this is to look at its Help file. For a work-in-progress like Buzzword, it's pretty impressive.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> For a work-in-progress like Buzzword, it's
> pretty impressive.

I wonder if they did extensive usability studies though. I kept clicking on the little expanding labels below the graphic-only icons in the beginning, until I realized those were mere descriptive help texts. Either my behavior and misunderstanding is very exotic, or they didn't test this at all.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!