Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Buzzword Text Editor (Video)  (View post)

mak [PersonRank 5]

Thursday, October 4, 2007
13 years ago4,036 views

Hail for flash! ;)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

It doesn't have to look interesting to want an invite to a PRIVATE BETA!!!!

Barnaby Capel-Dunn [PersonRank 2]

13 years ago #

Philipp
I've been trying out Buzzword for a few days and it truly is a "thing of beauty and a joy forever". I've been using WPs for the last 10 years and this is really something. I hope it won't settle for second best. It's got the makings of something very special.

David Towers [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

Hey Philipp you made a typo: "purchaces" should be "purchased".

I'm going to sign up now! Cheers!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

(thanks David, fixed!)

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Take into account that it's not the only Google Docs rival out there. Here is my list:
seo2.0.onreact.com/top-7-onlin ...

Especially Zoho Writer and Think Free Write are outstanding webware.

13 years ago #

Give Buzzword a test drive, Tadeusz. I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised.

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Anybody else get an invite from Buzzword? I signed up a couple of days ago on the website but also joined a Buzzword group and I am not sure which one led to me getting an invite.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

No, me neither

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Ah, I worded that badly. I did get an invitation, even though I had signed up on the trial request on their website relatively late. I was just trying to isolate the source of the invite. If you did sign up on the site more than 2 days ago, I think I got the invite through the facebook group (called "Get Facebook Invite" huji.facebook.com/group.php?gi ...).

Luke [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

I got my invite yesterday... signed up for it 4 days ago... it looks pretty impressive... pagination is certainly a must-have for an online word processor.. i'll check if users are given invites.. if so.. i'll let you know

13 years ago #

A good though not infallible guide to the seriousness of a product like this is to look at its Help file. For a work-in-progress like Buzzword, it's pretty impressive.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

> For a work-in-progress like Buzzword, it's
> pretty impressive.

I wonder if they did extensive usability studies though. I kept clicking on the little expanding labels below the graphic-only icons in the beginning, until I realized those were mere descriptive help texts. Either my behavior and misunderstanding is very exotic, or they didn't test this at all.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!