Google Blogoscoped

Forum

can't access Google search in evenings!

Pete [PersonRank 0]

Friday, October 5, 2007
16 years ago3,690 views

Hi

I find Google (.co.uk) search to be so slow in the evenings that it is basically inaccessible. I can access Google services, like Gmail, Calendar, and Docs, ok, but when I enter www.google.co.uk into my browser address bar, the browser just keeps trying, but nothing happens, or the page starts to appear, but painfully slowly, over the course of several minutes, and I have to give-up. This happens every evening, but there is no such problem in the morning or afternoon! I use Firefox, but the same problem occurs when I try IE, so it can't be a browser problem. And it can't be a general connection problem, because I have no similar problem accessing other sites at the same time. This problem also applies to doing searches via the toolbar when it is set to use google.co.uk. I access the internet via a wireless router, and there is no one else using the network.

Does anyone have any ideas?!

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Maybe it is an ISP issue. You could try using OpenDNS and seeing if that makes it load quicker:

http://www.opendns.com

Pete [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Thanks very much – that seems to have done the trick! :-)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!