Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Multi-Link Monday  (View post)

Hong xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

Monday, October 8, 2007
16 years ago3,557 views

Headache, when watching so many links at a post.

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Dissonance is strange! I don't understand how it is made.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

The one from xkcd is hilarious as most of xkcd's comics; .. reading about lucid dreams, I remembered I have sleep paralysis sometimes (you wake up but your body stills parlyzed by some dreamy mechanism which disables body movement).
Interesting experiences those from microsoft!

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

"379009"
I got bored and typed something similar to this (376006, look @ it upside down) when I finnished my Maths GCSE, I don't think anyone noticed :-(

Interesting fact: The biggest number you can type on a standard 8 character Calculator is 706006 (Think about it :D)

Veky [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Of course not. For example, 10131 (read the same way) is ten times bigger. ;-P

Bart [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I don't get the Sha LaBeof joke. I thought the Google spelling correction was spot on. Please enlighten me.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I didn't quite get the joke either but i think maybe it was that we don't need to know how to spell anymore because Google will do it for us.

other than that i liked all those links :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> I don't get the Sha LaBeof joke. I thought the Google
> spelling correction was spot on.

Yes like I said, we might realize spelling may be overrated. It's just that I found that more and more, when I enter something into Google which I know is misspelled, I don't even bother correcting my query, I just search for it knowing that it will return a correction, and then I quickly click on the correction. It's faster than actually using the arrow keys to delete that extra letter or something! It started turning me into a more lazy query typer, sometimes just typing some words that are roughly correct and then relying on the spellchecker to do the work :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!