Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Lost Respect for google

Lee Woodard [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, October 16, 2007
16 years ago2,390 views

After haveing been on the web since it was first opened to the puplic I for the first time called a search company which was google. I quickly found out that phone contact was even more useless than their web based helped which at least exsist and likely works to some degree in most cases. By phone they actualy know absolutly nothing. They are merely there to do what google does best,,, make money the hell with the service.

All this came about when I sarted to try and determine why one of my sites, a MSN group was losaing visability on google while gaining all the other main search engines. In fact you can only find the site by running all the words together on google, not a common search practice...

I guess the only thing left would be to add WARNINGS DO NOT GOOGLE to my sites.

For anyone that wishes to check out what I am saying try finding
   Human Rights USA on google then try Yahoo or MSN

It does actualy list on google normaly in the first slot but only if you use the search as humanrightsusa

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

IMHO, Google is giving the better results as generally, I would not be looking for a MSN group with the search string "Human Rights USA"

It is, however, top result for "human rights USA MSN" (No Quotes)

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

For me, your site is 9th in Yahoo!, 4th in Live and I didn't see it on the first page for Google. Its important to remember that since Google started personalising results, Yahoo! and Live begun aswell.

What you see may be targetted to an area, country or to someone with similar searching habbits.

I wish you luck with your group, maybe you could explore some possible SEO tactics to improve your ranking and maybe even consider using AdWords to buy adverts on Google to ensure your site attracts visitors.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!