Google Blogoscoped

Forum

How do you use RSS for work?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, October 23, 2007
16 years ago2,577 views

Do you make any use of RSS feeds e.g. at your office? I'm asking because of the Google Office Hacks chapter on Google Reader, looking for cool uses!

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hells yes!

What sort of use are you thinking of specifically? Business driven (using RSS as a data source for an app)? Research driven (using RSS to monitor yourself and competitors)?

I'm about 75% of the way through a Google Office article on corporate espionage and self-surveillance that uses reader as the primary interface, so there's that too :)

16 years ago #

All & anything actually! Both business driven and research driven sound interesting. I've also dropped you an email just now.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I don't use RSS. I prefer visiting the sites

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

One of our clients uses an RSS feed to push content for us to translate. One of our engineers then monitors the feed using a desktop reader, extracts the text and gets it translated. (I'm not sure I can reveal any more publicly...)

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I prefer using RSS to keep an eye on the vulnerabilities of different products being published.

This keeps me updated without giving out my email for spam :)

[put at-character here]James
how do you manage to visit 50 or more such sites daily. Sometimes you might be reaching a blog to see that nothing have been added.

16 years ago #

> Sometimes you might be reaching a blog to see that
> nothing have been added.

Rohit, you'll adjust your visiting frequency when that happens... well, that's how I do it :)

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Over the summer, when I interned. I used the RSS Feed of the Company Name and issues that pertained to them (from Google News), so that I'd have something interesting/intelligent to talk about at the water cooler :D

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!