Forum

Google Snake Game  (View post)

Miel [PersonRank 4]

Sunday, October 9, 2005
18 years ago

heheh. Cool plan. :)

Dirson [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Mmmm... in the Basque Country we call that game (not with Google, of course) "kinito"

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

How is Kinito played?

Dwight Wilbanks [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

kinito rules here (via google):
http://everything2.net/index.pl?node_id=1091814

I think the last successful person should only get a point if they can come up with a successfull next word, Then if they can't get a point it should go around the table so, anyone that can come up with a successfull phrase, should get the point

18 years ago #

Thanks Dwight!
As for the points, the last person already had the hardest part of the round, as he made the longest successful phrase... besides, he had incentive to take a hard word, to get the +1 points... so I think it's better like this.

bob [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i agree

18 years ago #

Oh. I just found a page which apparently invented this game (a very similar version at least) long before my post:
http://www.tcp.com/~dschaub/google.html

bum [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

poopy

Half-Mad [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

A suggestion for a modification to the points scored...
If a player gets a googlewack, getting exactly one result, they should get 10 divided by number of players in points, rounded off (.5 being rounded up). So, in a 10 player game, a googlewack scores 1, in a three player game, it scores 3.

Or, to simplify things, just make it worth 3 points. But, in a 10 player game, going as high as 5 points would likely be the extent of the game.

Sarah [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I was looking for the snake game...but it sound like an okay game..I dont think i would have friends over to play it but ...yah

Spice [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Wait! "Feelings are nothing and we" gets three results at Google. Oh, this page and two that link to it. Nevermind.;)

jessicajohnson [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

um...if i were going to throw a party and i wanted my guests to have FUN, i would probably come up with something that is actually fun.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

To get around the problem of players "cheating" by peeking at the text snippets, do the same game on Google Image Search instead.

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Results 1 – 8 of about 10 for “Feelings are nothing and we ...". (0.14 seconds)

:p

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!