Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Calendar - lost data?

Christian Lund [PersonRank 2]

Friday, October 26, 2007
16 years ago4,549 views

We use Google Calendar and iCal in our company. Today we noticed that a sync was trying to delete 1000+ entries. The events were still in iCal, but after checking Google Calendar, I noticed that our main calendars were empty all but for a couple of random entries.

We use the Premium service for Google Apps, so I alerted support, but that can take some time.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with Google Calendars?

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I haven't noticed a problem with Google Calendar. But at one point I set up Plaxo to test the syncing option for calendar, and it deleted all my entries.

Christian Lund [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

The strange thing is that this setup of ours has been running effortlessly for almost a year now.

But I am really glad that we have iCal as a back-up. It seems to be fairly easy to import from iCal to gCal.

jon bradford [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

Unrelated, but over the last few days I have noticed on my "official bookmarks" add-in to igoogle – it kept dropping my bookmark to facebook – but it kept reappearing later. Initially I thought that google were trying to put me off facebook ...

Since this morning the igoogle addin had lost all the bookmarks (but strangely this still existed in google.com/bookmarks).

All very odd

jon bradford [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

Sorry – just noticed that google have created a revised bookmarks addin (probably been there for weeks). Old doesn't work – new does.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!