Google Blogoscoped

Forum

French Zorgloob's Google news recap video

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Monday, October 29, 2007
16 years ago2,558 views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsLUbzv9XNk

This looks amazingly well done (my school French is too rusty, so I'm not referring specifically to what's being said :)). Speaker is Luka. Idea is by TomHTML I think. More at http://www.zorgloob.com/2007/10/google-en-bref-vido-octobre-2007.asp

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Is that the BBC news tune?
Nice video, but you speak to fast for my poor french

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

:P

French readers of Zorgloob said that I was speaking to slowly...

This is a monthly summary of Google Hotest news, I will produce it last week of each month. This was a first test, but I want it to be longer for next broadcast.

If you are interested Philipp, we could make an English version of this for the next month...

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[Headlines]

* Google buys Jaiku, Micro-blogging company
* GOOG at highs, Over 600 $
* Gmail now support IMAP, as users asked

[Jingle] This is October's News summary on Zorgloob [/Jingle]

[JAIKU]

Jaiku, company from Finland, is now part of Google services. If transaction details are secret, Jaiku is now Mountain View company's Mobile Twitter. It is a micro-blogging system that creates social networks by followings 'Jaikus' – Short text messages. They can also contain other media (Videos, Images...). notifications are broadcasted by SMS, IM or via an home made interface for Nokia mobile devices.

[GOOG]

GOOG, Google's Stock at NASDAQ, reaches in October 600$, on its way to 700$. T3 results, better than forecasted by analysts, may have helped to this raise. Benefits increased by 57 % comparing to 2006 T3.

[GMAIL IMAP]

Gmail is now compatible with IMAP that allow to sync all connected accounts. IMAP is usable from some mobile devices as Apple's iPhone. All accounts will be allowed to enable IMAP in Setting Tab of Gmail then clicking "Enable IMAP". You must then configure your client with configuration gived by Gmail Help.

[Final]

This is the end of our first "Google in Brief" Video, see you soon on Zorgloob!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

An English video of this kind would be very interesting to some people I think... maybe you, or one of the other Google bloggers like Haochi or Ionut, or I can give it a try once.

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I can make a mute version of french video. I don't think I should make myself the English version because my "English-with-strong-French-Accent" is not appropriate ;). But I can give anyone the script and the pictures.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!