Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Calendar date format bug

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, November 11, 2007
16 years ago3,690 views

I'm currently having problems with Google Calendar when entering events. If I create an event using the edit screen (rather than quick add) and use the calendar date picker, it seems to be getting confused between date formats. To create an event for the 4th December 2007, I have to select the 12th April 2007 in the calendar (which is selected by default if I click the 4th December 2007 box in the main calendar view). I can only assume it's mixing up US/UK date formats – i.e. 4/12/2007 vs 12/4/2007.

My Google Calendar language is set to US English but changing it to UK English makes no difference. My computer regional settings are UK English, so perhaps that's causing problems.

Whether you're in the UK or not, is anyone else having this problem?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I just reproduced this bug here. Well, I picked December 4th 2007 from the date picker, and the event wasn't added for that day. In fact, I can't find it anymore at all – when I search for a unique string I added to this events title, I get zero results displayed (even though the results top bar says "1 event(s) found"). This is a pretty major bug. Why doesn't Google have a "report bug" link at the footer of every of their web apps?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yes, the date picker works only for US dates. Maybe Google should disable it if you choose the other format until they fix this bug.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Ionut, is this a recent issue? I'm sure I've never had a problem with this before.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I don't remember seeing this before, but I rarely use GCalendar.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!