Forum

Useful AdSense?  (View post)

elihu [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, November 14, 2007
16 years ago5,148 views

Usually not at all.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think they are useful, as far as advertising goes...

TCM [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

adSense is useful only for Google for cash. I don't clic NEVER in adSense ads in webpages, perhaps in Google results, but never in pages, in part for annoying reasons, in part for bad attitude against who don't know how to earn money in a more useful (for people) way that advertising.

This trend is terrible... Now, we are seeing a new way to do ads. Ads for ads for ads for ads... and, where is the service, the product or so? Only ads for ads??? It's like marketing the marketing systems again and again... It's a chain like this what we have to do to make a life? I don't think so.

Sorry, English is only my third language. Thanks for let me to say what I think!

Ed [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I don't know how useful they are, but they sure are funny. I once had an e-argument with my girlfriend and a buch of ads showed up for relationship counseling.

Veky [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Of course they can never be as useful as genuine content — to the users that see them on web pages. However, as a way of enabling the participation on the web for very wide classes of people, I think they are very useful. Many people have started to publish websites only because of AdSense, and the global effect I think is positive.

Freiddie [PersonRank 7]

16 years ago #

It's rare to see "useful" ads these days.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Back in the days of Google Answers, there were occasional times when the answer appeared in one of the ads before a researcher had time to find and post an answer themselves!

Ed420 [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I'm a bad netizen, becase I use Adblock to remove them.

That said, my parents and several of my co-workers are active ad-clickers. I never understood why. However, I'd venture to say it's probably limited to closely relevant materials.

Karoshi-san [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Actually I think AdSense has no value for the user. Even good legitimate sites that don't even care about SEO sometimes have AdSense all over the page. To me, thats just another form of spam.

sirjorge [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

They actually don't help at all.

Henning [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

In the past the ads were not useful (especially in GMail they often completely missed the topic of the mails they were displayed along)

Now, googlesyndication.com is blocked in my router.

Tye [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I'm playing a scrabble application on Facebook right now, and the "Ads by Google" that accompany the page are for (1) supply chain management and (2) finding singles in your area that have tattoos.

WTF? How is this any way useful. More importantly, how is this in any way relevant to the page I am on?

Paul [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I have a page about strings on musical instruments. One was called a 'G' string. So why do people visiting a music page want to buy a G String (clothing)?

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Adsense is really useful, if you want to find fashion importers, just search this and you can find active link at right.

In fact, the link at search result page do not active, sometimes, you can not find email, even you can find email, none reply. Calling, nobody answered you.

I believe Adsense, it is a easy way to find your business target.

My english is poor, if any reply from left links, they are boring about my english, for the right, real buyers, they only boring about my price.

That the difference.

MJ Rich [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

I've never seen anything in AdSense that would be specifically useful to me or my situations, but I've always been able to rationalize the relationships and I'm sure some people find them useful.

- [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

the adsense in dumb

Elisa [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

What use are Gmail's targeted ads if they are not only invasive but also a complete stab in the dark?
   (http://www.internetevolution.com/author.asp?section_id=466&doc_id=138187)

I completely agree that it's mostly just useful for Google now. And as advertisers come to realize that it's impossible to make truly relevent adverts- Google will lose some of their insane lead.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!