Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google.com/Adsense SSL cert expired

Floris Fiedeldij Dop [PersonRank 2]

Wednesday, December 5, 2007
16 years ago4,772 views

Hello,

https://google.com/adsense / (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

woopsy

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

That's because the certificate is signed to www.google.com, not google.com. If you go to that page it will redirect to www.google.com.

Sadly this causes a lot of issues in Fx3 and IE7 which both stop you viewing a page and have cleverly made a non-obvious way for you to access a page and ignore the invalid certificate.

16 years ago #

When I make an exception for the account and try to login with my google account email/pass (which works on gmail, gaccount, adwords, calendar, etc) it says no account found for my email either (oh noez)

16 years ago #

Never mind .. I tried a very old password and that worked. Even though I very much remember changing the pass (even have a record of this) about 2 months ago. Strange, but ok.. I am back in.

Thanks for the info about www. being required. I've updated the bookmark.

16 years ago #

It specifically says:
"No AdSense Account...
Apply for an AdSense account."

If you want to signup for an AdSense account, you have to click the Apply link. The extra signup is because AdSense requires website approval first.

16 years ago #

Sounds odd that the passwords would be out of sync. Have you tried signing in to http://www.google.com/accounts/ with your new password? Does it work?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> Sounds odd that the passwords would be out of sync.

If the password really is "very old" then it's not unusual at all to have out of sync passwords. I have the same thing because I setup my AdSense account before it was merged with Google Accounts (back when AdSense required a more secure password than Google Accounts). Of course, I could change them to be the same but that wouldn't link them together...

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

"Expires on 5.5.2008"

16 years ago #

Yeah, the new pass works everywhere, except adsense.

16 years ago #

<<my AdSense account before it was merged with Google Accounts>>
On the topic of that, how did you merge your AdSense accnt into Accounts accnt? I've been trying for a while to do this.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I never did manage to merge the two. (I was referring to AdSense merging with Google Accounts rather than my account specifically...)

Mike [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I think Google has made some mistake about their certificates. People had reported some problem with invalid IMAP SSL certificate for cpop.corp.google.com. I have a domain mismatch problem when I log in to Google Apps. The cert for www.google.com tries to authenticate parternerpage.google.com.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!