Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google & Accounting Systems

jon bradford [PersonRank 2]

Thursday, December 13, 2007
16 years ago3,842 views

Would you use a FREE accounting system from Google in exchange for their right to "mine" your (business) accounting records to present better localised and targetted ads?
   http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/online_accounting_google_apps.php

jon

GoogleTrader [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I read the article. Interesting speculation, but frankly I don't really think that this is something that Google would be interested in pursuing in the forseeable future. Will require a lot of work to really make a valuable product and their competitive advantage in this area at this point probably doesn't make it worthwhile. Maybe one day when GPay is released, then there will be some interesting integration there but I have to say that would be at least 2 years out. If they did do this it would likely be a part of GPay/Google Checkout accounts because that's where they would really make it worthwhile.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

They have many information floating arround with GMail... so a bit more, what's the problem!

GoogleTrader [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

It's not that it's problem with being able to handle the information. More the fact that Google hates making software that they have to provide a lot of support for and accounting software always encorporates all kinds of different methods and just isn't a simple universal tool that they can create, which is what all their software is. Just seems like something they wouldn't consider to be worth their time when there are much bigger markets to tackle.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!