Google Blogoscoped

Forum

2007 In Numbers: More People Using Yahoo Mail This Christmas Than Gmail

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, December 25, 2007
16 years ago3,223 views

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/12/25/2007-in-numbers-more-people-using-yahoo-mail-this-christmas-than-gmail/

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

hasn't thwrwbalways been more people using yahoo mail??? Like gmail is newer, younger. Like I'm sure there are more people using hotmail this Christmas.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I wonder if comScore counts Google Apps users. Many universities migrated to GApps this year and they brought a lot of users (e.g.: Arizona State University has 65000 students).

jon bradford [PersonRank 2]

16 years ago #

what the graph should show is a comparative year on year for the last 4 years – zero nought to more than 75 million (very active) users.

how much would google have paid for that?

also, would google prefer to have a third of the users – who are three times as active?

16 years ago #

I think Google forgot a very logical sentence in the "Create a Google Account" page https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount :

"Don't have an email account? Try Gmail."

Most Google services link to the "new account" page, so not many people have the opportunity to hear they can create an email account at Google.

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yes that's right, but also some people just want to use Google Reader or Google Docs without Gmail.

16 years ago #

But there are people that don't have an email address and can't create a Google account because they need to enter one. Also remember that to use any Yahoo service which requires authentication you need a Yahoo Mail address.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!