Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Hacker help!

S Banjo [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, December 27, 2007
16 years ago3,842 views

Someone has hacked into my gmail account, changed the password and then sent the following message to everyone in my contact list. He then continued to stay on for hours g-chatting with my friends, trying to scare them and swindle money from them.

I don't understand why there is no way to report something like this to google via the telephone or even a live chat... other than a form you fill out that doesn't even send you a confirmation, there is nothing.

This guy was on my gmail for hours, If I couldve alerted someone, don't you think they could have tracked his IP number and found him... or at least suspended my account right away before he got access to 4 YEARS of very personal information?!

IS there anything I can do now?

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 10:52 AM
To: Banjo, Shelly
Subject:

Hi,
This is a private, confidential and urgent matter I wish to discuss with only you, I would appreciate it if you do not tell anyone about this.Firstly, i must apologise to you for not telling about my most recent where abouts. I recently made a quick but short vacation trip here to UK(London)..all was going on well as I lodged myself in a very good hotel until when i was robbed of all my possesions including my handbag where i have my cash and bank cards. In an attempt to struggle with the robbers i was badly hurt and wounded and i got hospitalized.

I am writing you a mail from my bed here in the hospital to loan me some money so I can pay my hospital bills since i dont have an available valid medical insurance here and also to purchase a return ticket back home as soon as possible. The doctor here in the hospital I am ready to be discharged but they would not let me go until I pay up all my bills. My bill here in the hospital is about a 1000 pounds and I need another 600pounds to book my ticket as my credit card as also been stolen.

Please, I would be needing a loan of 1600Gbp which is about 3,276USD.

I would be very grateful if you could help me in anyway you can to get out of here and get back to my life back in the states.
I hope to read from you soon.....
Thanks,
Shelly.

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

that sux.
Read this post:
http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Problem-solving/browse_thread/thread/aec84b7000e0917e

You basically have to go to
https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_security1
and fill out as much information as possible.

I believe this is the only way to do it.

Hope this helps. Thanks

casey hargrave [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I have been hacked can anyone help me its a keystroke script i thinki have found it but need to know how to get it gone

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> it's a keystroke script
> i think i have found it
> can anyone help me

We might, provided that:

(1) you elaborate IN LENGTH on the symptoms – how does it manifest itself; how you found it; and what does it "do."

(2) you promise us NEVER EVER to abuse the Proper Capitalization AND Punctuation Rules (=a sign of intellect and respect for your readers-cum-prospective helping "gnomes.")

Deal?

danyya [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

hy someone hacked my maiil and trough it they change the websyte of my company. . . and they put their phone on it. please help me to retrieve my email!!!!

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

If we charge ten dollars to each 'hacked' user to assist them, soon we'll have enough to leave our actual jobs :P

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!