Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[OT] Online Store

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, January 5, 2008
16 years ago3,622 views

What is the best service to set up an online store that supports Google Checkout? (Not ebay or yahoo)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

There are loads of suggestions on the google checkout sellers website, but I can't remember any off the top of my head.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

You mean these? https://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate_getnew.html

Any idea on which is the best? I'm not too excited about going through all of them one-by-one...

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

<< Any idea on which is the best? >>

You're the American one. You should know better..

(JK) :P

16 years ago #

My friend used Miva while back and he liked it, and said it was very easy to set up, if that helps

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

What about Google Base? I don't even really understand google base. You can't set up your own store there. Items you post expire in 20 days. What exactly is Google Base good for?

16 years ago #

A mystery to everyone...

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Seriously? Nobody knows what it's good for?

16 years ago #

Well, i asked Colin and he gave me an answer...but it was still just basically to me an easy way to organise the worlds information by making the user upload it...eh... i mean...it's a place where people can upload and search anything...

16 years ago #

According to Google Base Help Centre: http://base.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=25277&topic=2904

<<Google Base is a free Google service that helps you publish virtually any kind of information – be it your latest riveting screenplay or a listing for your slightly dented 1989 Honda Accord – on Google Base or other Google properties.>>

16 years ago #

Sorry for triple post but also

<<Your item will fall into one of several categories based on its content. This category determines which Google property will display your item. For example, your screenplay and robot schematics may appear on Google Base, and your humble Honda may appear on Google Product Search>>

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think you could use Google Base as a store. I believe they have a way to have Google Checkout available on Google Base listings. You would have to upload new feeds every month though.

beussery [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here] Colin

At the same time you can also import using store connector if you have a store at ebay or other.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Back to my original question-- Anybody know any services to easily set up a store that supports google checkout (not ebay or yahoo)?

16 years ago #

Miva

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

100% shopify.com. It's one of the best stores ever created and it's all ajax.
They currently charge a fee, but if you signed up before July, you get their service for free.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!