Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[ot] HTDV to Laptop

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, January 8, 2008
16 years ago3,085 views

Has anyone Connected a HTDV to their Laptop ? Any tips and pointer ?

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

If your laptop has DVI output and your TV has HDMI, get a DVI-to-HDMI lead and you should get pixel-perfect quality. You will need to separately run an audio lead from your laptop to the TV audio-in terminals (usually two RCA sockets).

If your laptop doesn't have DVI output, you will find that many recent HDTVs have a VESA (sometimes called "VGA" or "PC") input, i.e. exactly the same as you will find on the back of many computer monitors. Just use a standard monitor lead. You will need to go into the HDTV's menus to set the resolution, and you probably won't get pixel-perfect results. Again, you will need to connect the audio separately.

There are lots of variations in laptop video output and HDTV input, so you may need to use some other combination depending what sockets you have available.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

yeah I got the HDTV , under VGA mode.. ref below pic.

However, I want to be able to run HDTV and connect my laptop and run the HDTV dvd and also play with RSS for photo (e.g. Picaso screen saver – has some really nice stuff)..

http://picasaweb.google.com/slash.pd/HomeStuff/photo#5147934836016782386

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

ok I just hooked t up and taking the RSS feeds for picaso screen saver.. its hecka kewl.. awsome pics are comong thru!!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Nice, Google Screensaver running a flickr feed would be awesome!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

actually there is an option in the config panel to add any site that supports a photo feed.. the problem is too find a photo feed that is cc licened and not just any persons photo feed..

http://groups.google.com/group/google-pack/web/check-out-this-feed

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!