Forum

Revver Video Site  (View post)

Charly [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, October 27, 2005
18 years ago

Interesting article!

Adam [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

So as a publisher / video content producer, the question then becomes... do I want to upload this to the Internet Archive or Google and have my friends and others view it ad-free... and also be pretty assured that the organization backing it will be around for quite some time... or do I want to subject my friends to ads and upload my videos to a firm that may or may not be around next year.

I think, regardless of how "Web 2.0'ish" Revver is, it's pretty clear what my preference would be ;)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Being from Germany, I have a slightly different point of view... simply because I can't view my own uploads at Google Video (as mentioned here before, Google blocks Germany from accerssing the playback functionality). But Google also allows you to set a price per video AFAIK, but I don't think they charge for it yet (they don't have that feature fully working). Maybe Google Payment is around the corner solving that problem...

Alex [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I think you may miss the point Adam. They are allowing you to upload videos to be "tagged" with a dynamic advertising beacon that becomes part of the video. You can then upload the video to Google, AOL, or wherever and make money by leveraging the fact that they have such good distribution. If Revver goes belly-up then the only downside is a blank ad at the end of the video.

Nalts at Revverberation [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I've got my money on Revver sticking around- maybe getting acquired down the road. I love Google for almost everything else, but Revver has three advantages:
1) It's instant. Google cues forever.
2) It's easy to post your videos, once on Revver, to other sites because the HTML thumbnail code.
3) The generator of the video gets paid.

Since the incentives are there for Revver, its creators, and advertisers... the only threat is something similar that's backed by Google or MS.

Nalts [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

BTW- I have a blog dedicated to Revver.com (www.revverberation.com) and I'm buying Google ads to promote it. So I'm guilty about not using Google, but I'm giving them ad revenue to assuage that guilt.

Lee Cummings [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Guys, I tried adding video to Google and they took my add protion out of it...I don't think that I'm making any money...why in the world would Google not allow us to have the tag...and Rever is sure slow adding a tag to my uploads...are they a one man show? And most of the content is very novice.

Lee

Mike [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Here are my revver movies.

http://revver.com/user/Mike%20Etoll/?brwsr_page=0

you be the judge.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!