Google Blogoscoped

Forum

What CMS does this site use?

john Conroy [PersonRank 1]

Monday, January 14, 2008
16 years ago2,981 views

Hi
I write for CMSWire.com, and I'm doing a survey on the Content Management Systems used by blogs in Technorati Top 100.
Except that I'll probably just do the top 50, for reasons which should not be too difficult to figure out...

In any case, I can't figure out whether you're using WordPress, or MovableType, or some kind of hacked solution or what?

So What Content Management System /blogging platform does Blogoscoped use?

Signed,
A Discerning Feed Subscriber

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I remember reading somewhere that Philipp coded his own CMS Platform. I must say, this is quite a remarkable work here...

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Can't find where he said this, but yes, Philipp coded this blog & forum himself.

Err, what's so hard about doing all 100? I can't figure it out. (Given that most use either WordPress or MovableType)

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Philipp, PLEASE, write a FAQ and add the link near Blog & Forum and explain it!
This is a weekly question :P
(and that means your code is nice!)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Here John, I pretty much did you job for you...
http://googlified.com/files/pop-blogs-platform.txt

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hi John! Yes, this Blogoscoped blogging CMS is hand-coded. Historically, back in 2003 the blog used Google Blogger with the to-FTP export function. Pretty quickly, I had to expand this because it didn't allow comments – that's how the forum came about. Then, due to constant disappointments with Blogger (speed, reliability, features...), I made the switch for the blog software too.

The initial version was coded quickly (PHP5, MySQL, XHTML, CSS...) but I didn't expect this many iterative changes... the blog and forum changed a lot over time! (For instance, blog posts are statically cached, in the beginning, they were dynamically served. Not to mention the many many features of this forum...)

Speaking of CMS, I wrote another CMS in ~2000 as my programming day job. It was called Onpage 2. I made some videos of it: http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2004_08_12_index.html#109234330860189506

Let me know any other questions, also feel free to write to info[put at-character here]blogoscoped.com ...

16 years ago #

Thanks guys. This is a fantastic job, it must be said.
And Haoichi, check your inbox...

16 years ago #

Now I must go check out that all that OnPage stuff etc...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!