Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Reader Update  (View post)

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, October 29, 2005
18 years ago

There are more updates then they say:

"n" and "p" now go to a sort of title scanning mode where the focus of the lens shifts but the article doesnt change, just like how the scroll wheel works, then enter shifts back to normal lens function.

things become read when you click on them not when you move on to something else

it now has a funny little buggy thing where when i scroll up one item (using the k key) it seems to jitter around instead of smoothly scrolling (may only be me?)

update seems to be firefox only...

Ilya Baklanov [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

I didn't like what they did with "SPACE" key. If I press it, the page scrolls down and immediatly switches to next unread item, so I'm not able to read the one I was reading :(

I'm using Maxthon (based on IE).

Pop Up Blocker [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I noticed that Firefox built in pop-up blocker blocks Google Reader from opening articles into a new tap when using the "v" shortcut. A message appear saying something like that "Grrr! A popup blocker may be preventing Google Reader from opening the page. If you have a popup blocker, try disabling it to open the window."

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ilya, i noticed a similiar bug in IE that was fixed by refreshing. i think it untintenionally loaded the firefox page that needs some specific javascript call that ie doesnt like in order to keep the item from changing when you scroll.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!