Google Blogoscoped

Forum

How Fast is google indexing content ?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Monday, January 28, 2008
16 years ago2,283 views

Does anyone know how long it takes for new content to show up in SERP for Goog's ??

e.g I googlewack a term and then find no results, create a blog post with that term , how long will it take to show up when I search the term ?? Will it take 5 minutes.,20 minutes ? secondly, will there constant results displayed to all users for that term ?? e.g a search (for the term) in Canada/US and a search in China/India /Brazil will display the same SERP ?

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Indexing: I have observed, it takes some 20 minutes for a blog entry. Faster for blogger, little slower for other sites

Results: Yes they are different for different countriesh

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Rohit, thanks for tidbit.. any pointers to empirical data in terms of research studies ?

beussery [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It depends on where it is posted. Some news sites can have new content indexed in less than 5 minutes. Check this out:
http://news.google.com/news?as_q=news&svnum=10&as_scoring=n&ned=us&topic=n&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=h&as_mind=28&as_minm=1&as_maxd=27&as_maxm=1&as_nsrc=&as_nloc=&as_occt=any

beussery [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

blogoscoped seems to take less than an hour:
http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&client=news&q=blogoscoped&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=h

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I've seen Google Blogoscoped posts get into the main web SERP in 4 minutes.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Tony, then the question remains – within 4 minutes will SERP around the world return the same results ??

That is, from the main Index farm, will it propagate across to the various other DC's around the world within 4 minutes and thus the SERP would be identical for all users across the WWW ??

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Well let's do an experiment. Designate a time in the future when a post will be added to this blog. Readers from around the world can check how long it takes to reach them.

beussery [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yeah, time the next post at blogoscoped dot com and see how long it takes to get indexed.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!