Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google China Music Service?  (View post)

Avrohom Eliezer Friedman (AEF) [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, February 6, 2008
16 years ago4,563 views

They should set one of those up in america – that would be awesome!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Could it ever compare with the buying experience that is iTunes?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Lets hope it goes better than Qtrax :D

16 years ago #

OMG Qtrax is terrible! I just tried it! Can't even get them on my iPod...failure

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Actually this Google downloads thing sound terrible to me.

Google + Music Industry = sad DPic

I do think that Google needs some sort of music service but i could never be happy with any download service I think.

I like all my music to be in FLAC or Ogg Vorbis, i hate the loudness war, and record companies suck.

the end.

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

But Google has eventually to get into music: organize *all* the world's information, remember. And all the world's stuff.

16 years ago #

<<I like all my music to be in FLAC or Ogg Vorbis>>

We all know you like Open formats, but sometimes its just not viable...my iPod won't play these, and i know, they could change it to support them, but my AAL files sound much better

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

<<But Google has eventually to get into music: organize *all* the world's information, remember. And all the world's stuff.>>

they can organize it without hosting it. they down host all the web pages you surf, do thay? o.O

[put at-character here]James, not viable? Err...i'm not even going to comment on this except just stop buying into these format wars. open formats ftw :)

scjm [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

If you hate the record companies, why do you love their product so much? If you don't buy their music and you don't steal their music, the record companies have no choice but to change their ways. Wait why do you hate the record companies again?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Brilliant. The record companies don't make the music, artists do. I support artists, not multinationals. http://iwouldntsteal.net/ The RIAA one of the most hated groups in america. Who doesn't hate them?

<<If you don't buy their music and you don't steal their music, the record companies have no choice but to change their ways. >> lolwut?

Are you bein a troll o.O

scjm [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Well all musicians can start their own record company if they want to, yet they consistently choose to go with a large multinational one. If you respect the musicians, you will get the music the way they intended.

Isaac Mao [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Google didn't play proactive role in China's Internet evolution, instead they just drifted opportunities here, shamed.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]scjm That was the old system. Things are changing. You'll hear this everywhere....

Stories appear on digg regularly about the RIAA crumbling and the major record labels falling to their knees. I'm sure artists LOVE getting really tiny slices of their sales. NIN, Radiohead, and didn't even madonna drop their labels?

Indie record labels are becoming more popular, and unsigned bands as well. We all respect the artists, and we all think they deserve a fair share of their profits. Many artists are embracing this while less and less continue to play the game but a number still do.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!