Best Buy Loses Laptop, gets sued for 54 mill

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, February 13, 2008
16 years ago2,722 views

Best Buy Loses Laptop, gets sued for 54 mill

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/02/a-lost-laptop-a.html#posts

Realbrisk [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I find it negligent on her part as all repair company's tell you to backup your data

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

yeah thats like the lawyer who sues a dry cleaner for $64M,m because his pants got lost!! –

off course he lost the case ..!

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It's the lady's own fault, she went to Best Buy.

Backing up is a must, anyway. Data loss can't be worth millions.

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think the bigger issue is what will happen with the data that is on the laptop that can cause her headaches in the future. For example, the article talks about her tax returns being on the computer. If that information got into the hands of the wrong person, she could be a victim of Identity theft. All of which is completely out of her hands from preventing. She used a service she thought was safe and would solve her computer problems and instead got nothing but runarounds from store employees and lies. At some point there needs to be more safeguards in place where this type of situation would never happen. Why would I want to bring my computer into a store to get serviced if they can't even keep track of what computers they have to fix.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!