Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Cop Suspended After YouTube Shows Him Harass Skateboarder  (View post)

David Pascoe [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, February 13, 2008
16 years ago7,211 views

That is awesome. What a big little man. Well done skater dudes to not rise to the ego blown police officer. Everyone needs a camera for times just like this.

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

What a dumbshit. Stop taking roids.

http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Baltimore_Cop_Vs_A_14_year_old_Skateboarder

Bilal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

“You got that camera on?! If I find myself on youtube i will get suspended... ”

An officer... what is this ?!!!

Bill Mac [PersonRank 9]

16 years ago #

I think that kid deserves a lot of credit. I know when I was 14 I would have been lipping off much worse at the transgressions of the cop, and I probably would have gotten into a lot of trouble after such a provocation.

Instead the kid shows maturity beyond his years and gives me faith. (On the other hand, the balance of faith is restored to neutral in this case, as the cop destroyed a whole heck of a lot of it.)

William [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

As a former skateboarder, and now a (moderately) successful suit.
Bravo!

I hated getting harassed by these pricks. And it didn't stop here, one of the cops that used to harass us, used to steal our pot, and smoke it.

We had great video of a riot where the cops basically made a circle and beat with batons anyone in it.

In my bizarre world, anyone who wants to be a cop should be separated from society and studied, maybe given a job as a garbage man. Anyone who is too sensitive or thoughtful to ever dream of being a cop, should be forced to be one.

Jez [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

"In my bizarre world, anyone who wants to be a cop should be separated from society and studied, maybe given a job as a garbage man. Anyone who is too sensitive or thoughtful to ever dream of being a cop, should be forced to be one."

LMAO!! Great idea – and one which should probably be applied to other occupations as well, such as politicians.

Satan [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

I hate fat people; especially when they're redneck cops.

Satan [PersonRank 6]

16 years ago #

I mean seriously, if my face was all fat like that... Well, maybe that's why he became a pig.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Classic case of grass root journalism at its best... " The world is watching and we are not waiting" seems to be the trend now... from all across the globe!!

theo geer [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

This is precisely why I dislike the police so much. As William suggests, I think that far too often, the people who pursue a career in law enforcement do so for all of the wrong reasons.

There are a lot of really great cops out there, and I've met more than a few of them. But I've also had my share of experiences with officers high on their power. Anyone who would consider using phrases like 'disrespecting this badge' should be shot. Respect is earned. It is never given to you arbitrarily, and you have every ability to lose it.

You deserve a certain amount of respect as a human being. Beyond that you can either garner more, or lose it. The second you start thinking that you deserve respect, you're going to start losing it. Get over yourselves.

JDKforCHRIST [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Eerie reminder of Basic Training...

Darth Zippy [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Change the headline from 'Suspended..." to "Unceremoniously fired, never to wear a badge again..." and I say 'right on'.

Kudos to the kid for keeping his cool.

John [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

The kid is a punk.

brian [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

typical attitude of 90 percent of law enforcement...HUGE CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER thinks he is doing his job but it seems he needs anger management and probably had been terrorizing people for years. I am sure he could have gotten his point across without raising his voice or pushing the kid down, he should have been fired WITHOUT PAY!!! this world is filled with bad cops and it ruins all that the good 10 percent do out there.

Jacob Goren [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I'm sure there will be the occasional Fascist who will defend the cop (reference John above). When YOU wear the badge and the gun, there is NO excuse for that man's behavior. He'll be fired and he and the department will be sued. God bless mini-video cameras. I'm sure it won't be too long that we'll hear of an incident such as this where the cop will figure out he's being taped and he'll just start shooting everyone and blame it on the victims.

Emily [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

It's men like that (and the cop from the previous skateboard scandal) that make me hate all police officers. i know thats not fair to the few good cops that are out there doing their jobs and keeping us safe, but they have so many corrupted individuals wearing 'this badge' that its gotten to the point that to be safe, you have to distrust all of them. i really hope that this jerk gets fired because he was completly out of line and had absoulty no reason to behave the way he did, but just like the last skateboard incident, i doubt that this officer will be fired. he will be allowed to continue to terrorize society. all i can say is when ever you see a cop, be aware that he might be one of the officers who is out to get people.

its a shame that the system fails to bring police officers to justice.

Ami [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Suspension is not enough for this pig. Mom should bring charges...
Hey, John above--tell your friends to stop behaving like this. Today, they are accountable for bad behavior.

Floris [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Wow, I am glad I don't live in a police state like the US. Good luck with that everybody! *cancels his vacation to the US*

Roons [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

That cop is a moronic slob who should be fired and forever stripped of his 'law enforcement' duties. He looks and sounds like he's related to that other idiot-slob-skate board hating A*hole 'cop' from Hot Springs, Arkansas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6AYVn2yw4

To cops in general – police your own or you're going to have trouble on your hands. Society won't stand for that kind of abuse of power.

I'd love to run into one of these two idiots :)

Rich [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here] Theo Geer:

And what about anyone who would use the phrase "should be shot"? You violent [insult removed].

observer12 [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

New charges against same officer ...
http://www.abc2news.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=8229

Dude [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I hope this Idiot cop gets whats coming to him. They should Taser the prick while wearing nothing but boxer shorts and have him stand in the middle of the park he used to patrol.

As for the kid, respect your elders no matter how stupid they are!!!!

darkside [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I can't stand cops!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Reddit: "This is how police SHOULD react to protesters"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k9yIBOnbJjY

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Philipp
It doesn't look like anyone cared to give police officer the attention.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!