Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google My Maps Viewer  (View post)

Alex [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, February 14, 2008
16 years ago3,850 views

Hello,

And I have also been a few cards for me personally and some business partners of mine in google maps. It's just like a free encyclopedia. Each creates its own cards and presents them to the internet community. In this way the database grows well in Google Maps.

Alex greetings

mc [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

Hmm.... While planning a business trip, I just created a map with customers to visit.

Now 'My Maps' sounded private to me, so I wasn't aware that my maps were public available. In this particular case it is no big deal, but what if I'd added personal notes about the companies?

Why isn't 'unlisted' the default sharing level?

Tony Hirst [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Here's a hack that lets you use a MyMap as a crude blogging interface. IT takes the 'view in Google reader' kml output from the MyMap and converts it to an RSS feed.

http://blogs.open.ac.uk/Maths/ajh59/012936.html

A couple of crude tricks alow you to add a date and link to each 'post' on the map.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

9 Million "My Maps"? Wonder how many are actually useful? For example one day I got bored and marked every outdoor Trampoline and Swimming pool in my town :D

Stanley [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Very informative , thanks!
www.hideNsneek.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!