Google Blogoscoped

Forum

google.co.uk not accessible

Joshua [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, February 17, 2008
16 years ago3,623 views

Obviously, the problem's at my end, but what could be causing it?!

I can't access www.google.co.uk, whether by entering this address into the address bar manually or by doing a search with Google Toolbar (set to use google.co.uk). This happens every day, although only from around late morning onwards. I can access any other site on the web with no problems. Any ideas greatly appreciate!

Joshua [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Now I'm getting the same problem with google.com (even when I select this address in the Toolbar settings).

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

here google.co.uk works, but http://www.google.co.uk/politics/ doesn't.

Joshua [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Still doesn't work with me (in the UK). I've just manually entered www.google.com into the address bar (Firefox) and still nothing loads. I experience no such problem when I enter any other web address. It's very weird.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I've had exactly the same problem, I'd be suprised if I can access Google.co.uk 75% of the time at the moment.

To go to, and stay at Google.com, go to: www.google.com/ncr
Set the toolbar to use Google.com in the settings and you shouldn't notice any issues.

Joshua [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I can access both the .co.uk and .com domains now, including with the toolbar. But I was having problems with both for most of the day. I use Talk Talk – do you? I wonder if it is possible that, due to the popularity of these domains, there is a bottle-neck in the daytime.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Virgin Media (ala. NTL).

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Same experience, the .co.uk's /politics URL doesn't work here (from Finland):
"Not Found
The requested URL /politics/ was not found on this server."

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!