Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Winner of the Google Logo Redesign Contest  (View post)

Yhancik [PersonRank 2]

Monday, February 18, 2008
16 years ago5,363 views

I really like Niraj Sanghvi's one. It's an idea that can be easily turned into a working prototype :)

I don't know why Bilal's one made me think of Microsoft. Well there's something of that http://wallstreettechdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/office2.jpg

What about a Yahoo Logo Redesign Contest in connection with its hypothetical future ? ;)

[Link fixed – Tony]

Cheryl Fontaine [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I am constantly blown away by the creativity and artistry that abounds. These designs are wonderful!

HAHA [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

1st one's BAD ASS

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

How was the ballot poll drawn to see what was the best design ?? was there any criteria that was used ?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

hehehe,...someone on digg names this bot "the searchinator!"

Noah [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Great logos, especially Niraj Sanghvi's logo. I posted on this here (http://blog.ahfr.org/2008/02/great-potential-google-logo.html) but since back links are disabled: anyone want to write a Greasemonkey script to make that one a reality? :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> How was the ballot poll drawn to see what
> was the best design ??

Tony and I synched ourselves to decide, and we also looked at the feedback posted in the comments of the thread. Like John's "[put at-character here]evisibility Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner." :)

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Hey, thanks for the mention! And it would be interesting to see it actually implemented...maybe I or someone else will give it a shot :)

Bilal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Thank you for the idea of this contest and for mentioning my simple logo and always waiting more from you ...

[put at-character here] Yhancik :: "I don't know why Bilal's one made me think of Microsoft"
because you didn't see this one ::
   http://lh6.google.com/bilal.douas/R7NKc7SjgWI/AAAAAAAAAFU/J_M0KO0n_nI/pacoocle.jpg?imgmax=400

eVisibility.com [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Wahooo! we won!

Thanks for the great feedback.

jojo [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

#1 is cool for something else. Although it is beautiful it has too much of a negative connotation about it and is very unGoogle like. I really think Niraj Sanghvi's is the best in Googley spirit, minimal design and functionality, that is if the box in the middle is actually a search box

Bilal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]jojo,
I also liked his idea but there is no clear criteria in this selection ... i also understood that it is not about good design but good and funny ideas

but one other can also claim that it is about google logo and not google search logo ...

robinanderson86@hotmail.com [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Actually I was hoping someone would combine the infinity and g symbols with a seach box

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!