Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Lessig Campaign and the Change Congress Movement

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, February 20, 2008
16 years ago2,283 views

Something like this was way overdue--

http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/20/1325240

"Larry Lessig has created a Lessig08 website, and it looks like he is getting serious about running for congress. In his introduction video he proposes the creation of a national "Change Congress" movement which would try to limit the influence of money in the electoral and legislative processes. Having a technologically savvy representative and a clear intellectual leader to head this kind of movement is exactly what we need to counter the last 8 years of corporate dominance in government."

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Smart, reasonable, non-corrupt people who know the internet and support meaningful copyright laws are running for politicians? I find the thought scary... seems like from another world!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think if Obama gets elected as PRez, then Lessig will have a good chance that he will have a seat in some of the commisions or a gov job offer. Change within the political arena is much needed. Lessig has a lot to offer in making the world a better place!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

just an FYI – I am seeing a lot of the Davos peeps are showing support to Lessig. There is a growing velocity ... amongst the "elite" too :)-

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!