Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The Disappearing Blogs

Marie Marinaccio [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, February 20, 2008
16 years ago2,406 views

On Feb 7th, all was fine with my Google blog, i was able to post, make changes etc. however, not even a half hour later when i once again attempted to access my blog, it was gone,missing from my dashboard.After emerging from my state of shock.,i naturally contacted Blogger support (a waste of time) and then decided to visit the help group section of Blogger to possibly receive some feedback or answers to my very troubling proble.and possibly locate a Google employee who would be able to rectify the situation. To my utter astonishment, I found at least 25 to 30 threads some posted on the very same day my blog went missing, reporting the same exact problem i encountered with my own blog. 13 days later and with literally hundreds of requests made by myself and other bloggers asking to have our blogs restored and or a viable explanation as to why this could have possibly occured, the only response we received by any Google employee(and this is infuriating) is that we "possibly" violated Googles TOS ,"possibly"?, not , yes your blogs did violate, not how? when ? and where? just possibly.And no, i can't speak for all the Google bloggers who found their particular blogs missing at any given time, some with (10 to 15 blogs gone from one single account) but i can speak for my own blog, that has been online a little over 9 months, with no problem, one that shows up in the search results with many pages pointing to it, and after reading and going over Googles TOS policies numerous times ,i can say with no hesitation, that my blog in no way violated these policies.it was a resource and marketing blog , with a good amount of traffic a good Technorati authority and from my own readers and subscribers messages to me, a blog that was very helpful to a lot of people. Needless to say, i'm more than disappointed, confused and resentful regarding this matter and if anyone here can offer any suggestions , help or support in getting to the bottom of this, i would be extremely appreciative. Origina lblog url forallyourblogs.blogspot.com? Thank you,

[URL unlinked – Tony]

Aaron Liang [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

That was really horrible! Fortunitely the missing blogs are coming back. Hopefully yours will be restored pretty soon.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!