Google Blogoscoped

Forum

how to remove label

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, February 21, 2008
16 years ago2,514 views

I use labels intensively.. at times I tag a thread , lets say ABC

as the conversation gets more intense, each thread now has the label "ABC"- however suddenly a conversation could go off topic and has nothing to do with that catogory..ABC

How do remove an individual label within the threaded conversation ??

GMail, automatically assigned every thread on that conversation with the assigned label..but I have not figure out how to remove for a single strand..

any help ? suggestions ?? or is this just a feature that can't be turned off easily for a single strand ?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

You could edit the subject to create a new conversation. Gmail only deals with messages as part of a conversation.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Ionut, its more of the inbound msg that sometimes goes off topic.. I dont see a way to edit subject line of an inbound msg

16 years ago #

Click on "Reply" and then on "Edit subject".

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

If you have coloured labels you can just click the little x

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I didn't know about the edit subject feature. Sweet. Thanks Ionut.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Ok – what am I missing ? Click on reply and edit subject is the easy part.. but that still does not remove the Label for the inbond msg.. the outboard msg becomes free b'coz of label change.. I also tried to "Save Now" after the Subject line was edited ..but that does not do nada..

16 years ago #

If you edit the subject, you can reply to the off-topic message and create a new conversation. The off-topic message will still be a part of the old conversation.

There's no option to detach a message from a conversation or to apply labels to an individual message.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!